Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All Aboard!

Brighton is obsessed with trains. Seriously obsessed. So Brighton was in heaven when we took him to the train museum the day before his birthday. We even got to go on a train ride!
The best part of the train ride was when Brighton start saying loudly "Jesus loves me. Jesus loves me." Then he said, "Look, Jesus rides the train." I looked where he was pointing and sure enough, there he was. Brighton seemed a little disappointed that "Jesus" didn't pay any attention to him. It was actually very sweet that Brighton was so excited to see Jesus. We spent the rest of our visit to the museum trying to get a good picture of him. And the poor man pictured below spent the rest of his visit to the museum trying to avoid us.







7 comments:

Melissa said...

I can see the similarities. That is so cute!!! Brighton is getting so big. What a fun birthday.

tjayandjulie said...

Wow, I'm quite impressed with those cakes! Can I put an order in?

Kathleen said...

That's awesome! I was really laughing, poor guy, I wonder how many children have the same reaction? Sounds like Brighton had a great day!

moaspen said...

Well it does look a lot like Jesus, I can see what he was talking about. I'm so glad you took him on a train adventure. I took Moab on one 3 years ago and he still talks about it. And when we went to Tokyo, his favorite part was riding the Subway!

Ivey Handcrafted said...

well then he needs to come to the Chattanooga Choo Choo :)

Jeffery Tessem said...

I like that Jesus was wearing sandals....

Amy and Clark said...

So funny! I remember you telling us this story, but it was great to see the pictures with it. Brighton is a pretty lucky kid to have such a fantastic birthday outing!