Saturday, December 13, 2008

This post is a little late.

This is how our Thanksgiving Day started.
When I was preheating the oven there was a buzzing sound. I opened the oven to find a fire. When the fire went out so did the bottom oven element. And of course it is Thanksgiving so we can't get a new one. So I ended up broiling everything including the turkey. I put a cookie sheet on the top rack to deflect the heat away from the top of the food. It was actually quite delish.
This is what we ate.

This is what the girls ate. They never get canned food so it was a treat.


4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very nice, and very impressive. I think I might have freaked out a little bit if that had happened, and probably wouldn't have even thought of using the broiler, very smart, looks great!

Auntie Julie said...

Janae, only you could be brilliant enough to figure that one out!
P.S. I like the onesie Addison is wearing :) !!!!!!!!

Dean said...

Laura and I think you two make beautiful kids! We wanna know where Brighton got blonde hair????

Angela said...

At first when I saw the photo of the fire, I thought, "oh, how nice, they have a fireplace." Then I took a second look. Wow, you are resourceful with your alternate cooking methods. I hope your Christmas feast was simpler. Take care, your cousin Angela.