Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Idaho

I had forgotten how beautiful Idaho is.  I am embarrassed how long it has taken me to post these pictures from our trip.  We went and stayed at my grandpa's cabin in Island Park and it was divine.

 
One good thing about having kids who wake up at 6am every morning is getting to take the canoe out and watch the sun rise with the mist over the lake.
 

The clearest water in the world I swear at Big Springs.

No trip to the cabin would be complete without catching crawdads with my brother Jason.  Please excuse my irresponsible and reckless use of socks with sandals.

We saw this guy outside the cabin.  We also saw a black bear and deer, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera.

 We paddled down Big Springs with my Dad, Jason, Brighton and Audrey in one canoe, Heather, Ryan, and Rachel in another, and my Mom was a good sport and rode in a canoe with me, Addie, and Jared.  Just for the record, our canoe had by far the fastest rowers.
 It was perfect.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Ughh! This makes me miss Idaho so much. That was a fun trip, the weather was perfect, the sites were amazing, the company was so-so (totally kidding!). I could definately escape the world for one week like that every summer.

Carrie said...

I have never been to Idaho, but I am ready to move based on the awesome pictures you took! It does look perfect.

Deb said...

Awesome pics Janae..you have quite a knack for capturing the pure beauty of the kids and their surroundings! Miss you...come visit!

moaspen said...

When were you at Island Park? We were up there the beginning of August. And it was amazingly beautiful. Then we had to come back to Vegas......

janae said...

Debbie, we want to come visit! Jared has been working a lot, so one of these weekends when he is free...

Shiloh, we were there at the end of July. I guess we just missed you. bummer.

Kathleen said...

SOOOOO beautiful!

Amy and Clark said...

I may or may not have started singing "The Hills Are Alive" when I saw the first photos of this post.

Made me proud to be born Idahoan.