Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekend at the beach

This weekend we decided to go to the beach since Jared has been out of town this month and we were desperately needing some family time. The weather could not have been better. Travis, Rachel, and Audrey joined us and we had a great time in the sun. I didn't get any pictures of Rachel, which I am really disappointed about because if you think a nine month pregnant woman can not look good in a bathing suit, you have obviously never seen Rachel pregnant (she is about a week away from her due date and I can hardly wait). Brighton loved getting "nailed" by the waves. It was so funny, Brighton said, "Mom, I got a nail". Addie ate about a hundred fists full of sand I am pretty sure because it is still coming out the other end if you know what I mean. A little grit never hurt anyone, right(I hope)?
Flying the kite.

The nice thing about living in Durham is that it is only a several hour drive to the ocean.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I REALLY miss living close to the beach. When we lived in Fayetteville it was only 2 hours away. Now it is like 10 hours. I'm so glad ya'll got to have some family time. I hate it when Cory is out of town.

Kathleen said...

looks like you had lots of fun, and I think the "grit" can be chalked up to roughage, right?

Al and Ash said...

Soooo cute! You guys looked like you had a ton of fun. :)

Carrie said...

How fun! We are planning a long weekend to Charleston and can't wait! We haven't been to the beach since Jake was 4. It looks like you all had a fun time!

Andrea said...

Looks like so much fun. Hopefully eating sand just helps clean your system out a bit.

Amy and Clark said...

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for entertaining Clark while I've been gone. Sounds like you guys had a fun 4th!
I look forward to more walks to locopops in the near future!

tjayandjulie said...

Looks like fun! Does Travis live out there by you guys? That's nice to have family close by, I'm sure. Love the sleep patterns post. . . you crack me up. I was telling my good friend the other day about your winning pre-race meal of, what was it, cheese corn dogs or something? Yuck!